Friday, June 3, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & Family History - Week 22

Week 22. Secrets. Describe something about yourself that won’t be found on any record 100 years from now.

You won't find on any record 100 years from now that I loved to climb trees and I climbed late into my teen years. My mother cringed every time I was in a tree. She was afraid I would fall and break something. I was warned she had no way to get me to a doctor and no money to pay the doctor, warnings I knew to well. As I got older, I was told it was not feminine to be in a tree.

I loved the solitude and found it an escape from siblings who would not follow me up a tree. I love trees, nature, the out doors. I now walk among trees and enjoy their beauty all seasons of the year.

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History by Amy Coffin is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2011) that invite genealogists and others to record memories and insights about their own lives for future descendants.

No comments: