Monday, April 4, 2011

Amanuensis Monday - Elizabeth Bryant's Will (1813 - 1910)

State of Mississippi
Jefferson County

I Elizabeth Bryant make and declare this to be my last will. I give devise & bequeath my entire estate real & personal as follows

To Martha Bryant 80 acres of land together with all improvements thereon Also all the personal property I may own at my death

To each of my other children I desire the executor to give the sum of one dollar.

A. H. Carnes to be Executor

Elizabeth her X mark Bryant

Witnesses
S. C. McCallum
A. M. McCallum

June 25th 1905

Elizabeth Bryant was the mother of seven children. By the time of her death, four children survived her. Youngest daughter Martha never married. She remained with her mother, taking care of Elizabeth until her death in 1910. Elizabeth's grandchildren married into my maternal family.

Source: Chancery Court Case Number: 1543 - Mississippi Department of Archives and History - Microfilm Number: 12263

No comments: